Winter Tips For Renters
October 22, 2020
Renters, it is hard to believe it that time of year again. To prepare for the cold weather, we have put together a list of items for the snowy season.
Tips & Rules:
- Shovel 2ft in front of your garage
- Scrape ice from under garage door
- Ice under the garage door can cause the door to buckle and break. Avoid the replacement fee by scraping ice regularly.
- Cover your air conditioners
- If you are missing a cover, please contact management
- Drive slow in parking lots to avoid accidents
- Underground parking: Make sure garage door is fully open before entering, the pavement may be slippery and you could slide into the garage door
- Shovel your balcony
- Check the batteries in your smoke detector
- Call your landlord or property manager immediately if you suspect a pipe has frozen for further instructions.
Parking Lot Snow Removal:
After a big snow storm, there are typically questions regarding when the lots will be cleared.
- 24 hours after the end of snowfall, the drive lanes will be cleared
- 48 hours after the end of snowfall, the detail work is done such as sidewalks and between garages
- Resident Managers put ice melt down and are responsible for shoveling doorways at the buildings