What is a Mixed-Use Development?
July 29, 2021
A mixed-use development is a property that has two or more uses such as residential, commercial, industrial, cultural, and institutional. This style of development has become quite popular due to the functionality of the design. Local governments often encourage mixed-use developments to accommodate for growing, diverse economies. They create walkable, vibrant communities due to the proximity of housing to jobs, services, public space, and more. Additional benefits are tourism, and good business climate.
At EPIC Companies, our focus is on maximizing underutilized spaces and creating them into modern mixed-use developments. We develop commercial rentals with office and retail space, industrial rentals, and multi-family spaces. The first floor is typically commercial spaces including restaurants, coffee shops, salons, boutiques, banks and more. The second floor and up is residential living. Each development concept is designed to be aesthetic & functional.
Why to Live/Work in a Mixed-Use Development?
Mixed-use developments are often located by other prominent places in cities such as schools, hospitals, and parks, making them very convenient and accessible for all your wants and needs.Increased foot traffic
Mixed-use developments experience higher levels of foot traffic than stand alone malls and stores because they provide a variety of services and functions. This creates a greater clientele base of diverse lifestyles from the commercial and residential audience.
Due to increased foot-traffic and public space at mixed-use developments, there is greater personal interaction among members of the community. Some mixed-use developments have public plazas which host events and activities. Plazas bring people together for a fun experience while fostering support for businesses.
The variety of functions at a mixed-use development increases the walkability. Residents can walk to work, the bank, their favorite coffee shop, or salon rather than drive. This saves on the cost of gas, reduces the number of cars on the road, and benefits the environment.
Better Property Management
The property management of a mixed-use development will keep the property spick and span to attract new commercial tenants, residents, and customers. They can address the diverse needs of all who live and work on the property.
EPIC Companies Mixed-Use Developments with Plazas
Currently, two of our developments feature public plazas, and we have more in the works for the near future!
This community space hosts several types of events coordinated by the nonprofit West Fargo Events.
Essentia Health Plaza at The Lights
This transformable plaza hosts concerts, outdoor events, dining, shopping, and entertainment. Other components include a parking garage, apartments, condos, commercial space, and more!
Commercial Space Available!
Allie Commons – UPCOMING
500 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo, ND
- High customer traffic on Sheyenne Street
Area 57 – NEW
202, 208, 220, & 226 E Greenfield Lane, Bismarck, ND 58503
Great location next to the Bismarck Surgical Associates Center and The Light of Christ High School
Blu on Broadway – OPENING OCTOBER 2021
1629 South Broadway, Minot, ND 58702
- Convenient location
- Focused on office space and customer service-based business like a coffee shop, spa, fast-casual dining, etc.
EOLA – UPCOMING
Anderson Park, 45th Street S, Fargo ND, 58103
- High customer traffic on I94 and 45th Street
- Features will include: a fountain, green space, bus stop, skyway, plaza, sledding hill, and more!
Gateway by EPIC – OPENING OCTOBER 2021
300 & 310 Main Avenue, Fargo, ND 58103
- Walkability to downtown areas
- Prominent location on a high traffic street
Liberty Town Center – UPCOMING
3650 Veterans Bld, Fargo, ND 58104
- Drive-thru end caps and space for an outdoor patio
- Construction on new building to begin Fall 2021
444 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo, ND 58078
- Foot and vehicle traffic of commuters and residents everyday
- Vibrant downtown culture
300 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo, ND, 58078
- Built-in customer base perfect for customer service businesses
- Downtown West Fargo
344 Sheyenne St, West Fargo, ND 58078
- Downtown West Fargo
- Overlooks the POW/MIA Plaza
- Convenient location!
The Beacon – UPCOMING
710 1st Avenue N, Grand Forks, ND 58203
- Near downtown Grand Forks!
- High customer traffic
- 40,000 square foot outdoor plaza!
The Lights – NEW
EPIC at The Lights – 3150 Sheyenne Street, West Fargo, ND 58078
ECHO at The Lights – 320 32nd Avenue W, West Fargo, ND 58078
ENVY at The Lights – 360 32nd Avenue W, West Fargo, ND 58078
- An entertainment district!
- Features a transformable plaza that hosts concerts, outdoor events, dining, shopping, and entertainment
- Skyways and parking garage
301 N 3rd St. Grand Forks, ND 58203
- Heart of Downtown Grand Forks
- Walkable location with nearby parks, bars, restaurants, grocery, and more
- Built in 1895 and now remodeled, it brings a sense of character and charm to any business
1107 N University Drive, Jamestown, ND 58401
- Commercial area focused on customer serve businesses such as food, retail, coffee shops, spa, and bar & grill.
- Walkability to college campus
Vanne – NEW
1530 1st Avenue N, Moorhead, MN 56560
- Right next to Junkyard Brewing and Sol Ave. Kitchen
- High customer traffic on 1st Ave