Glance into Construction by EPIC (CBE)
August 24, 2021
Take a glance into our newest department, Construction by EPIC, CBE. We sat down with one of EPIC’s Construction Managers, Nashten McFarren, to discuss the steps CBE takes when making commercial tenant’s vision come to life.
Nashten joined EPIC Companies in March of 2021 as a Construction Manager. He recently completed Birchwood Salon and Boutique located in Pioneer Place in Downtown West Fargo. This was his first big project and we are extremely excited to continue to watch Nashten and the CBE team add more fit-ups to their portfolio.
What is the process of a fit-up beginning to end?
The construction process involves a couple different stages that can vary in complexity depending on the scope of work.
Typically there’s five phases involved:
- Planning/Design: The objectives and goals of the project are put into a schematic design, establishing a scope of work and assembling bid packages.
- Pre-Construction: Creating a Project Schedule, sending the project out for bid, and reviewing/awarding bids.
- Procurement: Executing contracts, reviewing submittals and ordering materials.
- Construction: Quality control and assurance, coordinating with the client, architect, and contractors to ensure the project is delivered to clients satisfaction.
- Post-Construction: Punchlist, turnover, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranty letters.
What was the Birchwood Salon and Boutique timeline?
Birchwood Salon and Boutique had a unique timeline because the project was eligible to apply for an Enterprise Grant through the City of West Fargo as part of the Downtown Renovation incentive. Once approved, the Construction Phase lasted about two months.
Any special features you’d like to highlight?
- Quartz Countertops
- Undermounted Sinks
- Cloud Ceilings
- Shampoo Stations
- Floating Wood Shelving
Favorite part of the process?
It’s a mix between the Planning/Design Phase and the Construction Phase. Seeing the clients’ goals and objectives come together in one feasible design and seeing the project come to life. A dream to reality situation.
Any big upcoming projects we should keep an eye out for?
Construction by EPIC has multiple projects in the works! There are lots of exciting things coming soon to West Fargo, Bismarck, and Lake Park, MN.
- TAB 42 (Two-Story Commercial Office Building Located by Anderson Park)
- Rocket Shipping (Office Space Located at The Lights)
- West Fargo Events (Office Space Located at The Lights)
- ECHO-Offices (Rentable Office Spaces & Conference Rooms Located at The Lights)
- ECHO-Fitness Room (Fitness Amenity Located at The Lights)
- Tati’s Mediterranean Sauveur (Mediterranean Cuisine Restaurant Located at The Lights)
- Northern Lights PT (Physical Therapy Clinic Located at Area 57)
- Lake Park Remodel (Located in Lake Park)
We are extremely proud to offer in-house capabilities to make tenant’s dreams into reality directly with EPIC Companies. A big part of our focus is maximizing commercial spaces into functional and appealing spaces at any of our developments. We are willing to work with any of our tenants for either new fit-ups or remodels within current commercial spaces.